Thursday, February 03, 2005

Kids are funny

I got an email from my brother who ocassionally updates me on the news from his home front. It just made my day. His son, Stipe, (4) , is learning to ski and loving it, and his daughter, Katarina, (3) is perfect in the role of the family clown. A few days ago they had unexpected visitors - our cousin and his wife were passing through town. As soon as the couple sat down, and before my brother and his wife had a chance to offer refreshments, Katarina dashed for the kitchen, opened the fridge, got out a bottle of wine and a bottle of mineral water. Seconds later, with a bottle under each arm, she reappered in the living room, saying: "Here you are, here you are." My cousin, reportedly, laughed so hard at this childish display of cordiality that he almost fell off the chair. My brother and his wife are very hospitable, and kids learn by imitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home