Thursday, April 28, 2005

Princess Bianca

Princess Bianca. My next door office neighbour is a woman professor named Gwi-ok. She moved to the office next door at the beginning of this semester, back in September. Although she mus be my age, her sweet childish face, a ready smile and being short make her look much younger. We have been exchanging niceties during accidental encounters in the corridor or in Alley McBeal-style unisex washroom - the sign on the door has a picture of a woman, while the sing on the wall next to the door has a picture of a man- what else could it be?
She's been inviting me for tea ever since she moved in, but I was always too busy to oblige. Today, during our short bathroom babble, she invited me to join her and her students for the May Day parade on Sunday in Gwanghwamun. Although I planned to mark assignments all day, I couldn't refuse fearing that she might think I don't like her or something. She stopped by at my office where we exchanged phone numbers and emails. She left, and when I I opened my email box 5 minutes later, I found a note from her with this picture attached: Princess Bianca, apparently a very 'famous' warrior princess in the cartoon world. Endearing, or what? Can you imagine any other country except Korea where this could happen? This tenured professor went all girlie and friendly on me. She displayed a degree of intimacy that really does not exist between us, but is certainly hoped for and expected. I'll just go with the flow and accept her next offer of tea.
May I just add that I like this Princess: great hair, a bit messy like mine; great bosom (I don't know how she doesn't topple over); great eyes (I am afraid they are a tad too big for the sockets, danger of falling out), and I like her outfit that is so suited for a warrior princess - allows for a lot of movement, at least in some areas. I am just worried about her collar bones, they will pierce her skin any moment and stab her chin. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home