Saturday, October 01, 2005

Hansung's Sports Festival Week


This past week there was a sports festival going on at my university. All of the campus was covered in red and blue festive lanterns that looked very pretty at night.
It was a cheerful, charged , and inevitably very loud event. Students were competing in soccer, basketball, baseball, running, etc. Each day ended in a singing and dancing competition; the crowning event at the end of the festival was a concert of a 'famous band' Paechicki (The Stomach Rub Band). This happened on Thursday night.
I knew that there was a festival going on but I didn't know about the concert, so on Thursday night I almost had a heart attack when I heard impossibly loud screaming coming from the little soccer field in the midst of the campus. Curious to see what was happening, I walked over to find quite a number of students, most of them girls, enraptured, standing on plastic chair for a better view of the "handsome boys" from the band. I have to say that they sounded very good: the two singers with powerful voices and great moves, the rest of them enthusiastically banging at their instruments and producing powerful but ultimately good music. I ran home to get my 'dica' and catch some of the action on camera. My students were only too happy to see me there, clapping and swaying in the rhytm of the music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home