Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Chiaksan Hike,November 12th

I did meet a quite a dashing dragon...


'Forest Gump' all over again... Years ago, before I finally saw this movie, I had been hearing and reading about it. Influenced by so much admiration for this movie, I expected to see a masterpiece. What disappointment it was when I finally got to see it. Sure, it's an o.k. movie, it's very watchable and it leaves you with a great feeling that life's not all that bad. But, really, it's not a great movie, c'mon... Well, before the hike on Chiaksan, I've been hearing about it from my good friends, royal hikers, people who surely know what's a good mt. and what a bad one. Well, this one, friends, is not all that good. Sure thing: the hike was great; it was good to be out in the open air with nice people. BUT: the whole trail leads up along a path that doesn't allow you to see anything being squeezed between two slopes. There were lots of trees but they were bare and sad; yep, there was a lovely creek and lovley waterfalls but even they looked sad surrounded by so much gray - then again, I'm not objective, it's November, the month I can't learn to appreciate.
The view from the top is beautiful, reminds of the view from Woraksan, but not nearly as dramatic. Georges from Lebanon commented: "this is not a beautiful mountain; I took only 50 pictures, and I'll delete 30, for sure." Usually he takes about 300. So, apologies, Chiaksan afficionados, I can't share the enthusiasm. Perhaps, if we go back in the summer or spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home