Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Ladies who paint

Lately I've been very busy, so I've been resorting to our cafeteria daily, sometimes even twice daily. I have kimchi coming out of my ears! Today I ran into my library staff students (plus Hyuk-jae, in the black apron, my former student and the university president's executive assistant). Miwha, in the green apron, is a Ph.D. student of Library Science at Ewha Woman's University, a full-time librarian at Hansung, a daily 1/2 hour on the threadmill addict, and apparently a painter. After dinner they invited me to their regular painting class meeting that happens every Tuesday. I obliged and was quite impressed by their dedication and the amount of effort and time they put into their paintings. These are the women who wake up at 5 or 6 to make it to their early-morning English classes, who work all day and still manage to go to the gym and take painting lessons. Where their energy comes from me is beyond me. The Woman next to Hyukjae is a Ph.D. student at Hansung's Western Painting department. This is a good way for her to make some money and gain a bit of teaching experience. Cudos to the ladies. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home