Saturday, July 02, 2005

Toronto at night

Yesterday Goran, Nela, Sandra and I went out. I wanted to try a Thai restaurant called "Thai Fine Circle" on Yonge St. (the main street in Toronto) north of St. Clair. I know this area quite well because I had a part-time job in this area for two summers.
When we came to the restaurant that turned out to be quite a posh spacious place, there were only a couple of other customers. Not promising, we thought! However, everything that we ordered, and we ordered a lot was really delicious and the two waitresses were dancing around answering to all our whims and wishes. After the dinner that we couldn't finish we drove down to the Toronto Harbourfront. OH, my what a change in only three years since I left: new high-rise apartment building right by the lake (Ontario), a new boardwalk, new restaurants, bars, more cruise boats, more people dressed to the nines... It was a Thursday just before the Canada Day long weekend, so everything was quite deserted and quiet. What a change after the Seoul madness.
We walked for quite a long time trying to walk off some of the green/red/yellow curry, tiger shrimps, fish soup and all the rest that we consumed. The night ended in us sitting on a patio, looking out to the lake and shimmering lights reflected in it, and finishing a bottle of riesling.

Before we went out last night, Nela, Branka and I shopped all day long. My feet were killing me. On our drive back home, Nela managed to hit the car in front of us. The driver had to break suddenly 'cause another car just popped out in front of him froma side street. Nela didn't keep enough distance... No one was hurt but we were all shaken and the damage to her Toyota is about $1,000.00. Oh, joy!

Tonight we're just taking it easy, watching Friends reruns on an American comedy channel.
Tomorrow is my last day of shopping: I'll be looking for a digital camera. Yeeeepee! It's about time to join the modern times.

I heard that we'll be flying to Croatia in a quite small chartered plane with basic comforts. My nephew will go crazy with boredom... I should give him sleeping pills or something...

2 Comments:

At July 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey baby we miss you. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Croatia. Wanna see some dirty pictures?

 
At August 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eonni! Yah! When are we going to see some action here, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home