Monday, December 11, 2006

Elves at Work





Shown here: Chris and Sohee are genuinely happy while rummaging through the x-mas ornaments box. The other picture, while we were certainly filled with joy, is a bit enhanced with added enthusiasm. This is Rockwll meet Seoul X-mas tree decorating party.

You should have seen these big kids attacking the task of decorating the tree: such zest and passion are rarely to be seen. All I did (the following morning) is rearrange it a bit. Really, only a teeny tiny bit. Hey, it's me, I can't help it.

I reminded myself of Monica Geller in a Christams episode of friends. She allows everyone else to decorate the tree and doesn't direct them. Rachel commends her on allowing them to do that. Monica retorts that the tree is about love, friends, family, and that it is far more important to have her friends' dear hands do what they want to do and enjoy it than having a perfect tree and a bunch of annoyed friends. After they are done (and they did a horrendously bad job), she simply turns the tree 180 degrees so that her 'perfect' previoulsy decorated side faces the room and her friends' side the wall.
I didn't do anything drastic like that - just removed two huge ugly (what was I thinking when I bought them?) sugar canes off the tree and added some tinsel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home