Monday, April 30, 2007

Getting bigger and better every day



...my family, that is. I've become Aunt no. 5 on April 14th, with the arrival of my new nephew Andrija (pronounced Ahndryah). He's as cute as a button, and last night when I called I could hear him in the background, alternating between cooing and protesting.
In less than two months, I'll get to meet him and get to spend time with his older siblings who are adorabl. I really appreciate my brothers' efforts to keep me present in their kids' minds by photos and stories. Although I don't see the kids very often, when I call, they talk to me very naturally and openly and express their joy about me coming to see them this summer.
The wheels of time keep on turning: I can't believe that my older brother just celebrated his 17th wedding anniversary and even more surprising is that my younger brother has 3 kids now!
The worst things about living very far away from the family is missing most of things that are happenning in the lives of people who you love most.
Thank god for the miracle of the internet and digital technology. I can emotionally blackmail my brother into taking some pics immediately and sending them to me to enjoy with morning coffee, which is what I've been doing for a good hour.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home