Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Angelique's Exhibition at Cook 'n' Heim






Photos:
1.Angelique and one of her photographs.
2. A. and her friend Vincent, a Belgian Korean, also a photographer. ( An intriguing person, I think. He helps her sail through the Korean world of photographers. )
3. A. and her admirers.
4. Lisa and Andrea's tender moment.
5. Clare and her new hat.


I met Angelique last September through Andrea. She's from Philadelphia and she is a trained photgrapher with a degree in Visual Arts.
I was invited to her first solo exhibition in Seoul, at a restaurant/gallery "Cook 'n' heim."

She had about 20 photographs exhibited. Some of them were arrid landscapes of Nevada, some of them eerie images hinting at ghosts and something lurking beside us, perhaps in another dimension we are not aware of.

I am not an expert in photography. I simply love looking at and taking photos. What I can say about these: they suggest the person behind the camera has a great deal of sadness in her and is looking or creating images which reflect her inner feelings. The 'spirits' in the pictures hint at her own spiritual side, perhaps a desire to find out more and know more, beyond the mundane. I liked the photos. They stirred something in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home